What to Expect at Your First Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients for the first time. As a practice, we are true believers that preventive care and education are the keys to optimal dental health. We strive to provide “dental health care” vs. “disease care”.
During the initial examination each adult patient can expect the following:
- A review of your Medical History
- A complete Head and Neck Examination
- A complete Oral Cancer Screening Examination, including the use of “The VELscope”
- Digital x-rays- if no current x-rays are available to review
- Intraoral Camera pictures
- Extra-oral Camera pictures
- A complete Intraoral Examination – including charting of your past dental treatment
- Examination of the overall health of your gums (Periodontal Exam)
- Review of any dental concerns
- Discussion of potential treatment options
Depending on the age of your child the initial examination may vary accordingly from the above.
We welcome open dialogue to ensure our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.